- 15.6″ 3840×2160 Active-Matrix TFT LCD
- Supports Up to Ultra HD 2160p60
- Two Multi-Rate 12G-SDI Inputs
- SDI Loop Output
- Dual 3D LUT Support
- H/V Dealy, Blue Only, & Frame Markers
- Front Panel & Ethernet Control
- 6RU Machined Metal Frame
- VESA Mounting Holes
- 12VDC & 110/220 VAC Power Inputs
When monitoring SD, 720 HD or 1080 HD SDI sources, the built in Teranex processor uses advanced patented and proprietary PixelMotion™ algorithms to automatically de-interlace and scale video to the native Ultra HD resolution of the LCD. This means customers get visually transparent, artifact free scaling for the best quality possible and a fluid smooth viewing experience.
The 6 rack unit size machined metal design of SmartView 4K features a built in control panel for access to advanced broadcast features such as built in 3D LUTs, H/V delay, blue only for checking hue and image noise and customizable frame markers. The machined metal design also has a metal internal chassis allowing VESA mounting points on the rear so the monitor can be rack mounted, or mounted on articulated arms similar to computer monitors. This allows installation in news rooms, walls and other non rack mount locations.
With the advent of SDI video in the mid 1990’s some features on analog broadcast monitors were lost. One of these feature was the H/V delay that allowed broadcast engineers to view data and signals in the horizontal and vertical blanking. With SmartView 4K, customers get these features retuned and with the H/V delay feature, customers can shift the image to monitor data and information in the SDI blanking, such as embedded audio data, subtitles, VITC and more.
Blackmagic SmartView 4K includes both universal AC power as well as 12V DC power inputs so it can be used with a battery or plugged into standard AC mains power, making it the perfect professional monitor for any broadcast facility, mobile broadcast truck, or even on location and in fly away kits. There is also a SMPTE compatible optical fiber SDI socket for allowing customers to optionally add an optical fiber SDI module if they want to run optical fiber direct to their monitor without converters. Optional optical fiber is important with the high speeds of 12G-SDI where customers might feel more comfortable about the reliability of optical fiber.
Blackmagic SmartView 4K can be controlled from the front panel or remotely via rear mounted Ethernet connection with loop output using the included Mac and Windows software. It also supports VESA mounting so customers can install it on articulated monitor arms, on walls or in equipment racks. When used on set, the dual 3D LUTs can be selected on and off with the push of a button, and the DC power input allows a V-Lock battery pack to be mounted on the rear of the monitor and plugged into the DC input for long running time where no AC power is available.
“SmartView 4K is the most versatile, highest resolution professional monitor we’ve ever created,” said Grant Petty, CEO, Blackmagic Design. “Its future proof 12G-SDI based design helps customers get ready for Ultra HD workflows while maintaining compatibility with and delivering exceptional quality for current SD and HD sources. Plus, it’s flexible enough to be used on set or in a the largest broadcast studio. It’s all very exciting!”
|Type||TFT active-matrix LCD|
|Size||15.6″ (39.6 cm)|
|Resolution||3840 x 2160|
|Color Depth||16.7 million colors|
- Large, bright 15.6 inch native Ultra HD resolution LCD rack mount monitor.
- Multi rate dual 12G-SDI connections, auto switching SD, HD and up to 2160p60 Ultra HD formats.
- Built in Teranex processor automatically de-interlaces and scales SD and HD video up to Ultra HD resolution for improved quality on lower resolution video inputs.
- Advanced broadcast features such as 3D LUTs, adjustable on screen markers, H/V delay and blue only.
- Optical fiber SDI module socket so customers can add a SMPTE compatible optical fiber module.
- Control via front panel or remotely via Ethernet using included Mac and Windows software control panel allowing remote control and adjustments from a single location.
- Both AC and 12V DV power inputs allowing mains and battery operation.
- Rack mount and VESA mount points allowing rack or non rack installation.
|Dimensions||3 x 19 x 11 in|